Thursday, January 23, 2014

A busy week in review.

So as always things got busy and the blog got left by the wayside. So here's a recap of the last week or so.
We had planned on going snowboarding/skiing with a local homeschool group, but thanks to the crazy winds we had that was cancelled, lots of the area had power outages, downed trees, vehicles blown into the ditch (we barely kept out of the ditch due to the ice and wind just trying to go get the mail), buildings collapsing, even saw a picture a friend posted of a mobile home flipped on its roof! Yeah it was crazy! J has big issues with wind, he's always been that way. So we closed up my black out curtains in my room and when it really started to howl he would go crawl into my bed with the cats and it calmed him right down. Other than that we decided we were due a movie/gaming day. 
The next day involved yard clean up, the tree shrapnel was unbelievable!  Noticed we did have a few drees down in the bush, but those will have to wait until hubby gets home for cleanup, or the spring whichever comes first. Even made the kids some fresh cookies, which did not least long enough to cool off lol!
The boys and I went to a bowling/pizza party with a local group of homeschoolers. I wasn't gonna tempt fate by bowling myself, but it was great to chat with some other parents, and spend time with the boys outside of the house. I also realised just how much I missed bowling, so I think the boys and I might try to make it a monthly thing.
We also had a skating day with the homeschooling group! Love that my kids are getting out and meeting local kids, even if they don't have anyone they would consider "friends" yet, but I'm feeling more and more comfortable with our decision to move up here. Neither of my boys have gone skating before, they both Rollerblade, but skating has never really held much interest for them. J didn't want to go, but D was really looking forward to it! He did absolutely amazing for a kid who'd never been on the ice before. Only 2 little falls which he laughed off and kept going. By the end of the hour that kid was really buzzing around. He even went up to a couple of the dad's on the ice with their kids asking for tips on stopping and such. I was really glad that one of the dad's who were on his bowling team at the party was there. Watching D step out of his comfort zone and going up to near strangers asking for help was a great thing to see. He also as always was helping little kids that would fall or need a "skating bar" etc. reminded me all over again at just how big this kids heart is and how amazing he is with little kids. After skating took the kids out to Mc Donalds for lunch. They had a good day, and I was happy to see their smiling faces.
A couple days with errands and shopping were in the mix as well, not to mention my body slowly becoming stronger and stronger.
It's been a busy couple weeks for me with work. With lots of people wanting more info on products, and the business end I've talked to some really amazing people!my business cards even came in!
 
All in all it's been a good but busy week and a bit! Looking forward to more! Bring it on 2014 is gonna ROCK! I feel it in my heart and soul!

~ Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment